View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 AM   #10
Bobiam

Well......I just had an M030 RoW suspension kit installed and it now feels like a sports car should. I haven't had the opportunity to take it on twisty-turny country roads yet, but the car is certainly more stable feeling and more rigid. Doesn't dip on hard stops. Took it on the expressway to 85 mph and it definitely feels better, although those tractor trailers that I'm passing still look might large within a few feet of a Boxster!!!!

I also had the front motor mount replaced and I'm thrilled with that. At 10 yrs and 46,000 miles I wasn't sure it was shot, but replaced it anyway.......incredible difference.........clutch now engages smoothly form a stop, car really shifts nicer, no more 3000 rpm shutter. That was really money well spent. The original mount dis have major rubber cracks but didn't look as bad as some shown on this forum. I used the Porsche 987 mount rather than aftermarket models. If you have a 986 with more than 50K miles, just do it!!!!!!

Thanks for all the input above........Bob