View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
snowcamo

Rollover questions. Would really love some feedback.

Long story short I have always loved Porsches and now find myself in the market for one. Today me and my Father test drove a used 1998 Porsche boxster. We both thoroughly enjoyed the car and would have considered purchasing it except for one minor problem. I am a pretty tall person at 6'2". Unfortunately my head was above the rollover bar by about an inch. I wont try to act smart and pretend I know a lot about safety protection in cars and I really don't want one of these beautifull cars to be eliminated from cars I am consider. My few questions involve hypothetically rolling my car; 1. If the car is rolled in the event of accident, will this one inch make a life or death difference? 2. If that one inch would in fact create the chance of a serious head/spine injury, would the BK rollover extension I found out about after reading a little be a life saver? 3. If there is anything else that I can do that will prevent serious/fatal injury and keep this car in my market? Thank you guys so much, I really would love this beautiful 986, but as it is I value my life over a car. Thanks again.
snowcamo is offline   Reply With Quote