View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
chaudanova

Part 2:

To replace the temporary silicone intake hose setup that used the Cayman hoses mated by an adjoining pipe is the new one piece IPD silicone hose made specifically for the 986 Boxster fitment.

Very nice piece with multi-ply layer silicone... Also decided to change my upgraded larger 996NA throttle body for the same size 997 Variant. Same 75mm throttle body size (74.xx mm), but I liked the color/finish on the later 997 models better. (Yes, OCD pickyness, I Know)

OEM throttle body next to the new larger throttle body. ~6mm Larger inner diameter.

Stock OEM plastic intake piping (from throttle body to MAF tubing & filter box).

Temporary Intake setup with Cayman piping, and misc. couplers/pipes.

New IPD multi-ply layer silicone formed 986 Boxster one piece intake hose pipe with smoother finish, and full ~3" inner diameter all the way through from throttle body to MAF pipe housing, pre-air filter box housing.

As you can see, the new one piece silicone intake hose pipe is pretty nice compared to the other previous setups.

IPD Plenum in place, ready for new throttle body to be bolted back in..

New throttle body in place...

Plenum, throttle body, and intake hose in place. Removed unnecessary bracket below.

Driving impressions to come in part 3...

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote