View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #15
Mark_T

If you've got the money to buy the car cash, what's the worst that can happen? Maybe something breaks and it takes a while to scrounge up the money to fix it. You still own the car, and owning a broken Porsche is much better than not owning a running one. It still fits within the dream of owning a Porsche.

And you may well get a great car that just needs gas, oil and filters for the next five years and gives you a face-splitting grin every time you turn the key.

Too many people use the bad things that might happen as an excuse for not doing the things they say they want to do. I don't think those people really want to do whatever it was they said they wanted to do in the first place, otherwise they surely would not be so easily deterred.

I'm 52, not quite as old as you are, and all my life I've made happen the things I really wanted to do. The scale on which I do these things is of course limited by funds available, but there is always a way. When I get to the end I won't be saying "Gee, I sure wish I had done (insert activity) when I had the chance."

Carpe Diem, dude!