View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
Turbo S

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, and good to see this forum posts pretty actively.

Yeah, I saw the other area, but with no specific 'Intro yourself here' spot, and only two threads getting posts in the last two weeks, I figured this to be a better option.

I tend to be a pretty regular forum checker/poster, and the forum I used to frequent the most (NASIOC) has ten times the membership here and a blazingly fast OT. I'm also on Ferrarichat, crowbarn, gunatics, and a few others, but since this is now what I drive, I gotta find a new cafe.

Looks like this is the most active Boxster forum on the interwebs, so here I am, and please forgive what may have appeared as an attention whoring first post in the 'wrong' forum, when that was not my intent.

I checked out the Rally Boxster. Cool project indeed, but probably not going to that extreme. I'm 0.8 miles from the pavement, so I'll just take it slow (<20) and keep it more street oriented. I live outside of Portland, OR near the junction of the two twistiest roads in the greater metro area (Skyline and Rocky Point Road) and the little bit of gravel is worth it to drive these roads every day.

Kirk- like your car's style, especially the side skirts... saw it in other posts while browsing the last couple weeks, though those would turn to gravel/snow scoops where I live.

I'm not surprised to find others here coming from the WRX, and I know this isn't as mod friendly a platform. To be honest, I didn't use the high rpm boost of the Subie as much as I could have with the roads I drive, and I find the 80% of tq available at 2k rpm to be of more benefit than the boosted power of the WRX. That said, I'm following the STi engine swap thread with great interest, since it's an engine I'm very familiar with, and I would definitely consider that route in the event of a catastrophic M96 failure.

Thanks for the welcome, hope to be a regular before long.

Best,
Tad
Turbo S is offline   Reply With Quote