View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
jbs986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Snappy
I guess I should say howdy! I just found this forum.

Little background, I was a Corvette guy but sold it about 18 months ago....seemed like the thing to do at the time, definately miss her

Anyways, I decided I wanted a new toy and was amazed at the prices that used boxsters were going for. I had almost pulled the trigger and then decided to do some more research on these cars....I have to tell you, i'm not so sure now.

Yes, I know that people are much more likely to type a post about a problem then a post about no problems with their cars, but i don't know...

After reading the thread about "how much have you spent on repairs this year", I am amazed! To be honest, in the 6 years I owned my Vette, with the exception of a bad rear-end that was replaced under warranty, I never put a dime into any repairs. Mods? Yeah, lots of bucks, but that was fun stuff at my discretion.

I don't race or autoX. I just want a nice cruiser for weekends and love the Boxster...always wanted a Porsche.

Are yearly parts and maintenance really in the range of $1500 per year? Is this typical? I'm looking at 2003-2007 model year with as low miles as possible, so don't expect a factory fresh experience, but I don't want a money pit either.

Can you talk me off the ledge, or is this just par for the course?

I to was a Vette owner for 17 years, I have owned my Box for 18 months now I have put about $ 400.00 into it so far.

I to also have always wanted to own a porsche and am happy W/ the car I bought it is a 99 Boxster,it had 57K miles on it when I bought it, the car was well cared for be the last owner.I bought it at a dealer for: $ 9,400.00 as-is out the door Tax,title & plates.

Before I bought my Box I did my homework part of my homework was on this site it was vary helpful in me finding the right car.

Yes P-cars need a little more maintenace then a Vette but thay are easy to work on,You should go to the Porsche links,on this site and find the link to buying a 986 it will be vary helpful in finding the right car for you & tell you what to look for in buying a Boxster.

Good Luck
jbs986 is offline   Reply With Quote