View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
E9project

Is it the mechanical assembly?

Thanks Jwade and ppbon. BTW, I had visited Pedro's garage on-line when I changed the plastic VW/Audi part. Your site is really well done.

Maybe I just bought a defective part, but it sure seems like something broke in the main key assembly-the metal part. I'm traveling this week, but when I get home I pull the plastic part off and see if the key will turn the tang. The odd thing is that I first bought part 4AO 905 849B that ******************************** listed for a 2002, but it did not seems to fit right. The old part was the ABO 905 849 that is mentioned in Pedro's Garage as being for the 2004 car. So I bought one of these and put it in. I started and stop the car maybe six times before the incident mentioned in my first note. Now the key turns freely left or right like it's not hooked to anything and it does not make that solid chunk when the key is removed. I removed the key and the car kept running. When I killed the engine by letting out the clutch the dash light lite up like the key was on while the key is off and out of the keyhole.

Thanks again.
E9project is offline   Reply With Quote