View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
eightsandaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
It is annoying, eightsandaces, since I like to have my vehicles in as good repair as possible, though it is someting that I can live with...overall the only time it'll really bug me is when I fill up. And I figure you're rigt as far as it being a fix that'll probably be more of a cost than it may be worth, but I figured I'd ask around here and see if it's actually easier and less costly than I think. The gauge seems to operate normally other than not reading full when the tank actually is, though I haven't driven to the point of getting a low fuel light, so I may have to check on that part of its functiion, as well.

OD, I'm with you on making the cars as perfect as possible, working on gas tanks is a pita. There is a chance you can replace the float mechanism without tank removal or even free up the unit you have. I've never studied that part of Bentley. I certainly wasn't suggesting you let the vehicle fall into disrepair, just letting you know gas tanks suck. Since I run half tank to save weight, it would never bother me...

PS If you run it to the near empty, then fill it up you might just get lucky and get the float working again, it's not without precedent.

Last edited by eightsandaces; 09-03-2010 at 03:28 PM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote