View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329
Rubber has no tensile strength, and looses resiliency over time (which is why hockey rinks throw them away after time). Czech hockey pucks were never designed to lift a car, and are susceptible to breakage - especially when they age. Of course, you can use hockey pucks ... but you can also get a lube, oil & filter at K-Mart, use PepBoys tires, or WalMart wax & polish on your car. I think most people who have a Porsche are smart enough to recognize the difference in a quality product, versus an inexpesive substitute ... which is why they opt for premum products such as Meguiars, Zaino, Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli, etc.

When you say BUGGER UP ... I am assuming you mean "damage" the pucks ... and hopefully not the car. The very idea that you recognize the pucks get damaged should tell you that the pucks are not strong enough ... and not designed to lift a vehicle.

Yes, you can spend less ... but having to repair the damage when (not if) the puck breaks will ultimately cost much more $. So tell me, how many Porsche dealers would YOU trust if they used hockey pucks to lift YOUR car? 'nuff said!
Well Steve, just to help put your tirade in perspective, I own a shop, and we specialize in Porsches, amongst other finer performance oriented brands. For thirty five years, I have used hard rubber pads and hockey pucks to protect the undercarriages of our customer’s cars from scratches or other damage while on one of the lifts, floor jacks, or sitting on jack stands. Over time, the rubber pads and pucks begin to wear, eventually needing to be replaced. However, never once, in all that time, have we ever had any problems with vehicles moving, shifting, or otherwise being damaged as a result of the pad/puck wear. And just as a by-the-by; I know of four major Porsche dealers, and about a dozen or so independents’ in your backyard that use rubber pads and/or hockey pucks for the exact same reason, as does your local Ferrari dealer.

Your plastic pads are over priced and totally unnecessary...........even if you are hyping them just about everywhere......

Last edited by JFP in PA; 09-03-2010 at 02:57 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote