View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA
Why not just go to your local sporting goods oulet and buy four hockey pucks for about a buck each....................you can bugger up and throw away a lot of them before you get to $70..........
Rubber has no tensile strength, and looses resiliency over time (which is why hockey rinks throw them away after time). Czech hockey pucks were never designed to lift a car, and are susceptible to breakage - especially when they age. Of course, you can use hockey pucks ... but you can also get a lube, oil & filter at K-Mart, use PepBoys tires, or WalMart wax & polish on your car. I think most people who have a Porsche are smart enough to recognize the difference in a quality product, versus an inexpesive substitute ... which is why they opt for premum products such as Meguiars, Zaino, Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli, etc.

When you say BUGGER UP ... I am assuming you mean "damage" the pucks ... and hopefully not the car. The very idea that you recognize the pucks get damaged should tell you that the pucks are not strong enough ... and not designed to lift a vehicle.

Yes, you can spend less ... but having to repair the damage when (not if) the puck breaks will ultimately cost much more $. So tell me, how many Porsche dealers would YOU trust if they used hockey pucks to lift YOUR car? 'nuff said!
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote