View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:29 AM   #10
sickbananas

zeintop/engine cover

Hi Guy,

I have a 2000 boxster S with a zeintop. I have removed my entire soft-top with all its arms and motors, thus saving me weight. I have looked into buying a ''Adrenilizer'' engine cover, but seems they don't make them anymore and can't find anyone selling them. For those of you who don't know, the adrenilzer is a standard boxster plastic engine cover with its clips but has a lexan(polycarbonate) window and 'vent' on the one side. The vent can be opened or closed to increase engine sound inside the car.

I drive my car without an engine cover. The sound is something out of this world! This is obviously not for every one. I have taken my car on the track since I have taken it off and have had no problem with heat or anything else.

Having said that, this only works with the windows closed. When the windows are closed the heat and dust is vacuum sucked out the bottom of the engine towards the road. When the windows are open, the inside becomes hot from the engine heat and it also becomes dirty from the dust/dirt from the road.

This is my experience, the boxster is not my daily car and I never drive it in the rain. I have a cone air filter and a porsche sports exhaust system. The sound I use to get at 7000 RPM is what I am getting at 3000 RPM now, so im sure you guys can imagine what 7000 RPM sounds like now.

hope I was of some help.

Rob.
de-snorkeled, clear lights, sports exhaust, zeintec hard top, zein wing, B&M short shifter, DesignTek lowering springs, DesignTek carbon fibre strut brace front and rear, 18'' carerra 5 spokes, semi slick tyres, entire soft top delete, engine cover delete,red console,L&N deep sump, volo performance chip, raptor shift light, de-cat'ed, OEM GT3 bucket seats.
sickbananas is offline   Reply With Quote