View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
sdlong329

986-987 non-scratch polymer jacking pucks

I am new to this forum ... suggested to me by a neighbor.

I had someone make up a batch of polymer, non-scratch jacking pucks for my Corvette. The jacking points on a C5 and most C6 Corvettes are identical to the 987 Boxster. My neighbor (987 owner) believes the 986 jacking points are identical to the 987.

Anyway, I have extra pucks that I cannot use, so thought it would be a good idea to offer them to Porsche owners. I guarantee fitment for 987 ... and am 99% sure they will work on 986 bodies as well (I had someone e-mail me with measurements for the 986 jacking points, and they appear to work, without issue).

The sales pitch of polymer jacking points ...
1) Steel jacking points are heavy, and WILL scratch your car
2) Aluminum jacking points are not light, and will still scratch your car.
3) Metal pucks in general, do not have the ability to "bite" into a hydraulic jack
4) Delrin has a high tensile strength, but is not resilient, which can result in marring to the finish of your car. Since the tensile strength is very high, they do not have the ability to "bite" into a hydraulic jack
5) Ice Hockey pucks have no tensile strength. Over time, these pucks looks their composition, and run the risk of breaking ... especially if you drill / insert Home Depot hardware. Many people pick up ice hockey pucks at rinks ... who sell them for a buck or two ... because they are of no use once they loose their integrity.

For about the same cost as pucks (#1 - #4), you get a set of pucks that bite into your floor jack, while not scratching your car. There is a lifetme guarantee against manufacturer defects, and breaking.

MSRP of a set of four non-scratch polymer jacking pucks is $99.95. I can offer what I have for $69.95 / set of 4 (+ $6.95 USPS shipping - I accept PayPal). Again, I guarantee fitment for 987's. I will offer a discounted price to the first person with a 986, if they promise to confirm they fit properly (of course, money-back (plus shipping), if they do not fit).

Yes, I am new to this forum, but I have 100% feedback from 170+ transaction on eBay, as well as positive Forum feedback on CorvetteForum.com (C5 section).

If there are ANY issues with this post, PLEASE let me know.
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote