View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
davemon

Mine begins at 70mph. Viibration appears to be from the rear passenger wheel. Sometimes it is smooth through 80, but 75% of the time I'll have some vibration. I had that wheel balanced but still seems to reoccur.

I can't replicate the issue though. Turning to left, turning to right keeping the weight on either side, doesn't alleviate the virbation chatter. Decelerating keeping the weight up front at those speeds, still chatter. Hammering the throttle to keep the weight in the rear, still chatter over 70mph.

The 3 wheel weights are the strips that reside just inside the spoke (adhesive wheel weights). The 4th wheel (rear passenger) was missing this weight when I picked up the car. I took it to get balanced and they placed a crimper style weight on the inner edge of the rim, not an adhesive strip on the inside. I can only think this is the cause of my issue.

Thoughts???

Edit: Realized that in the time I've spend mulling this over, I could just get it done. So I found a place that will replace these, I'm just getting it done this evening to stop speculating on this variable.

Last edited by davemon; 09-01-2010 at 12:01 PM.
davemon is offline   Reply With Quote