Thread: Boxster Spyder
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #13
pcw

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
I think that the point is that the Boxster S would have finished in the same place as there isn't much difference between the two. The Boxster's history of winning competitions based on it's chassis balance and handling is pretty lengthy.
My point is to think that the Spyder was just a marketing ploy is a statement that wasn't based on knowledge, but rather, lack there of. There is no question that the Boxster S is the platform, I never argued that fact and I have no idea why the Boxster, Cayman or 911 was not included in the test, ask Car and Driver. Nevertheless, there are differences between the Boxster S and the Spyder, weight and suspension just to mention a couple, was enough to make a great handling platform even better.

Was it worth the extra money over the Boxster S, I can only answer that for me and I would say yes as I wouldn't have considered buying a BS, I would have gone with the cayman S. But the Spyder is not my daily driver, it fits what I want for the car. If the Spyder isn't your cup of tea, then great, but don't merely dismiss it as just a marketing ploy. I find it funny that people love to throw their comments in on something without even sitting behind the wheel and driving the car. Don't knock it until you try it.

pcw
pcw is offline   Reply With Quote