Thread: Boxster Spyder
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 07:23 AM   #9
pcw

Well, All I can say is I got one and I love it, to each their own. I would have never gotten a boxster/S, I do not like the flat rear end and the bubble top. For me the Spyder took care of those two design issues. To be honest I could care less about why the Spyder was built, track car, homage to the 550, marketing, blah blah blah. I love the looks and performance and that's all that matters.

Lil Bastard - It's always about marketing, why would Porsche be any different from any other car company? Like the Ford GT 500 Shelby, that car was built by SVT group, little to no Shelby involvement, slap Shelby's name on it and it good for a few 1000's more sales. Dodge bring back the HEMI nameplate, would they have sold as many cars/trucks without that nameplate plastered on the side, no way. Your purist, no marketing thinking would be nice, but this is the real world and it's here to stay. I would lend more merit to your "Marketing Sellout" way of thinking if there were negative reviews out there about the Spyder. There may be some but the overall opinion is that the Spyder is one great car and mentioned many time as arguably the best handling Porsche being made today. That doesn't come from just "fancy paint" and "few gimmicks" as you mentioned.

Kirk - Like you mentioned, you like all the aftermarket stuff you added an although it may appeal to you, it would not be something I would do, but that's marketing. It's nice to have those choices for the folks that want it. It's all about personal taste, you can't please all the people, all the time.

pcw
pcw is offline   Reply With Quote