View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA
And that tool (9609) will not work with the latest design RMS, which is made from PTFE and requires special tools 9699 and 9699/2 insert guide to install and set it to the correct depth. The new design RMS comes with a plastic sleeve attached that mounts onto the new insert guide, which the old tool cannot do...................

Fair enough..........Go to Pelican Parts and find the correct RMS, then go to their tool section and find the appropriate install tool. The part I linked is described as "Oil Seal Installation Tool (for original-style seal) - Flywheel Side, Boxster/Boxster S (1997-04)", seeing as this is the 986 forum I was trying to give the man direction. BTW...I installed the new style RMS with the plastic sleeve and made my own install tool with storebought items, when it was all said and done I would of purchased / rented the install tool given the time it took me to make it. On the other hand, thousands of miles and no leaks. My RMS, IMS, Tranny removal write up.........

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?/topic/32315-ims-rms-tranny-r-r-tips/page__p__171477__fromsearch__1#entry171477
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote