View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #18
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanZ4
I remember reading an old post of yours back when you did it. How'd you measure it out? I'll be near a dealership tomorrow a.m. that has a few Panameras in stock. I'm sure they'd just let me rob the badge off of one of theirs and just order in a replacement one at a later date, right?

sean
Sure thing. Mounting the letters is easy...

The 2 most important parts of the process were first marking the bottom line where the letters will go across (by just marking the position you like from the bottom- 2.75 inches from the bottom of the trunk lid was where I chose it to be; putting a long strip of painters tape at that mark across the trunk where the letters will go right above), and 2) then marking the dead center for the middle letter (the S). Then, I chose to use Post It brand "Sign Here" strips to mark the positions between each letter for the spacing. These came in real handy because the "Sign Here" strips are exactly one inch in width, and the arrow points exactly in the middle, so for a half inch spacing (what I wanted), it worked great because I could use the arrow to correctly mark on the painters tape where the next letter should be positioned. Thus, you just put the S in the middle, and then a strip of Sign Here tape on the left and right of the S and so on, mark the line where the arrow points to on the painters tape below it, pull off the strip, and then place the next letter on and so on. So, just start with the S, and then put the letters surrounding it on until you are done.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote