View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
Gforrest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990
I looked at closed eBay auctions a little earlier tonight. It appears that a relatively low percentage of Boxsters sell there. So you are probably correct that he may shed a few tears.

I don't know his timetable for selling, but in a month or two, many people will be putting their interest in convertibles on hold until spring.
I've purchased my last 4 vehicles on Ebay. I always search the "Completed Auctions" section of Ebay to get an idea of what things actually go for. Kevin is right, a very small percentage of vehicles actually sell, I'm thinking less than 5%, probably closer to 2-3%. Most people think their item is worth way more than it actually is and the reserves are never met. And KBB or NADA???? A year later, NADA said my wife's Subaru was worth more than what we paid for it new. I'd sell every vehicle I own if I could get KBB or NADA retail, even private party retail.

If you really need to sell, put it on Ebay with a low starting price and no reserve. Yes, there's a chance if you hold out you may get a better price, but then again, maybe not, and your car will be a little older, and worth a little less.