View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
The Radium King

to those of you good with fibreglas ...

i would KILL for the following:

a panel that replaces the tonneau panel, extends over the engine compartment and rolls down to meet the front of the engine compartment just behind the roll bar. it would mount at the back (hood pins? leather/rubber straps? hinges?) and at the front at the spin locks. it would have vent slats and you would delete roof and engine cover. it would provide the following benefits

- weight reduction - no roof, no engine cover, no carpet
- better engine sound - engine is open to the world
- better engine cooling - more airflow
- better engine access - two spinlocks and you're in
- 550 styling cues - what the boxster was supposed to look like!
- completely reversible.

you could also make a version with one hump (rsk) or two (speedster).

you would also need to fab up a lightweight speedster roof of some sort; some sort of tent pole/fastex fastener arrangement that has a vertical rear window and 'buttresses' that extend back to the rear of the panel for tension.

if you could mate a low-profile hardtop with vertical rear window and rear 'buttresses' with side vents to the above-mentioned panel, you would get a 904 carrera gts look happening and get a lightweight hardtop also (less rear glass) with improved engine cooling (the ram air vents).

someone make 'em for free for me and make a mold of the end result - i get what i want and you can become a millionaire selling it to other folks!
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote