Thread: AOS question
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 AM   #12
ppbon

You probably have a vacuum leak somewhere still. A big one.
How about the bottom bellows or sleeve on the AOS? The one with the spring clamp.
Also, check that the flex tube that connect to the AOS is "clicked" in. Sometimes they appear to be secure, but are not.
To help you find a leak, with the engine running, you can use a spray can of carb cleaner with the red extension on the nozzle. Spray a squirt around each of the suspect connections.
When you hit the right one the revs will rise because the carb cleaner burns as fuel.
Good lick.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless1
Well I just took everything off and started from scratch (except the AOS of course). I opened the throttle body itself (4 allen nuts) and saw that one of the very fine wires that made a contact was bent so i straightened it as best i could. I reassembled. As best as I could tell the vacuum line connected to a bigger rubber connector itself connected to a vac line running towards driver side, a bit forward of center. Didn't follow it. Put engine back together. Running fine. Was smoking for quite some time (maybe still is??? not sure how to tell if this is normal after the fact burn off), though not as much as originally still a significant amount. but its driving and all seems well. idle seemed much more steady. for a few minutes at least (or at least so I thought, maybe i wasn't really paying attention / didn't notice???). now she is hunting (1000 rpm to 2000 rpm, perhaps every 5 secs).

Not sure what this could be ... leaky vac line or MAF is what I'm thinking most likely?