Thread: AOS question
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
clueless1

Ugh

Thanks all for the advice. Especially pedro, your DIY guide was extraordinarily helpful.

So here's the latest. I did not drive the car (though as an academic matter, I still don't understand why one can't bypass.... but now that question is moot).

I did get the new AOS and replaced it today. There was oil everywhere, even in the plenum.

Here's my problem(s). After installation I started the car. There was a TON of smoke initially. I let it run for a minute or two and virtually all of the smoke dissipated. But the engine is now running very rough ... actually it sounds more like a regular miss. I have absolutely no throtle, I cannot rev the engine at all (I did not attempt to drive, just tried to give it some gas to rev the engine ... nada, nothing). Egas IS connected to TB. The CEL is solid, not flashing.

I took a look around for anything obvious and all that I could find was one vacuum line that is not attached to anything ... it is part of a tee that runs to the black and white check valve that attaches to the cross tube (the black and white check valve mentioned in pedro's DIY instructions). I cannot for the life of me figure out where that vacuum line goes (and don't remember disconnecting it?????).

Other than that I haven't yet found anything obviously amiss. Any suggestions, given these symptoms, for what I might have screwed up?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by clueless1; 08-25-2010 at 08:45 PM.
clueless1 is offline   Reply With Quote