View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #19
jotoole

Veteran license plates

5:15 AM, doing 40+ mph in a 25 mph zone. The well hidden radar unit was already putting his car in gear by the time I spotted him. We both pulled into nearby parking lot. Officer did his radio check of my vehicle, then approached my car. He called in my drivers license info on his radio, handed back my license and said "You're a Vietnam veteran, no way am I giving you a ticket." Ohio issues war veteran plates and mine were on my car. No step out of the car, count backwards, finger on nose stand on one foot etc... Simply handed back my drivers license and said "try to be careful on this stretch of road." We were at intersect of Rt 125 in Clermont County, one of the deadliest roads in the state.

Many times police cars fall in behind me, but they seem to drop away within a block or so. Have blown right through radar several times in daylight. 85 in a 65 and such on empty highway. No problem. Plus I don't drink and drive or tailgate or road rage or that nonsense.

You war vets out there should seriously consider getting veteran plates. They might just pay for themselves. Mine have.

Last edited by jotoole; 08-24-2010 at 01:55 PM.
jotoole is offline   Reply With Quote