View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
JoeFromPA

Hi Andy,

I absolutely agree, although the stuff like polishing my convertible plastic inside and out, cleaning up the exhaust tip with obvious metal polish....that's stuff I consider above and beyond.

Let me contrast though: this company received $2000 for this work.

Last year, my insurance company paid $3300 to a paintless dent removal place (very reputable too) to fix ~200 dings/dents in my wife's Legacy. They did an absolutely gorgeous job on the sheet metal....but...

When I picked it up, the inside of the car was FILTHY. Grease palmprints all over the tan headliner, visors, leather seats. Then...

both front seatbelts were re-installed incorrectly (couldn't pull them out and they didn't retract)

Sunroof cover took about 50 pounds of force to pull out or retract

Trunk creaked when shutting

Driver's seat creaked

Trim on both front doors no longer lined up, exterior window trim looked about 1" out of place compared with the window behind it....

Took 4 visits to get all sorted....

Compared to this treatment, today, where I'm driving home and my freaking convertible top is clearer than it's ever been....when I had my front bumper replaced...

I don't know. Guess I love seeing people go above and beyond

Joe

P.s. I'm going to give them a call and see how much they charge to refinish some wheels!

06 Civic SI - 114k miles, D.D., unbelievably reliable and fun to beat on everyday.

08 Legacy GT 5spd - 74k miles.
JoeFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote