View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Wouldn't the breath test be sufficient.

I am not sure I could do the other stuff dead sober.
I'm sure they were filming me while doing the test. Probably addl evidence in case something wasn't done correctly when administering the breathalizer. Good old CYA.

The officer was polite and wasn't copping an attitude (pardon the pun) because I had a Porsche. I didn't get snippy with him either because I knew the stop sign thing was PC. I think he said something to me as he handed my license back about watching my rolling stops. He could've said I could collect a million dollars, I wasn't listening too well at that point.

And I don't mind them doing their job. I am alive today because one Fri night back in 1987 I decided to drink Coke instead of liquor. On my way home, a drunk driver fell asleep on a 2 lane highway and was 2 car lengths from hitting me head on. My reactions saved a head on collision but we still collided. I'm convinced my girlfriend and I would not have survived that head on crash. Had I been drinking that night, I may not have had that extra second that I desperately needed. The guy blew a .18. So I hope the police can rid our streets and highways of drunk drivers and I support them. The 20 min I spent with them last night was OK with me.

Do I really have a brightly colored car?
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote