View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Kirk

Duraflex... you mean kits like these:

http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/search_porsche_boxster_2000.html

I wouldn't trust them personally. My car is featured in some of their advertisements. Problem is that I don't have a single Duraflex part on my car! Bottom line, I would not trust this company and I would not buy from them. They sell under other names on eBay.

Extreme Motorcars seems better, but their eBay ads often have pictures of several body kits in one ad. It's very confusing. I would want to make 100% sure that I knew exactly what I was getting.

I agree with Johnny that you can expect to do some molding and smoothing regardless of what you get. I've got genuine Gemballa stuff on my car and despite the high cost there was still work that needed to be done to make them fit and look perfect. The good thing is that my more expensive parts though are thick, heavy, and well made. Ever see cheap Japanese body kits just flapping in the wind because the fiberglass is so thin? I've seen some complete crap at the low end of the price scale. There's no question that the more expensive stuff I got is worlds better than this. So you do get what you pay for to an extent. Having a good, strong base will certainly help to keep your body kit looking better over the long run. But regardless of source, that finishing and fitting will be required during the install.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914

Last edited by Kirk; 08-19-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote