View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Johnny Danger

Garage
Most of the sellers on Ebay are simply "middlemen" who are retailing body kits and aero parts from various and sundry sources. Companies here in the US like Precision Porsche (www.precisionporsche.com), MA Shaw (www.mashaw.net), NR Auto (www.nrauto.com),
Fiberwerks (www.fiberwerks.com) just to mention a few, are names more closely associated with the actually manufacturing of these kits. I can tell you from experience, if you are a perfectionist who has exacting standards, regardless of price or brand recognition, a tremendous amount of "craft work" is required in order to make any of these body kits look outstanding. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise ! About a year and half ago, my '02 S underwent a full Hamann body kit conversion. Given their reputation as a top European "tuner", along with the cost of the kit, one would have thought that Hamann themselves would have "miracled" these parts onto my vehicle. Well, I can tell you firsthand, that the project was very labor intensive and an extreme amount of detail had to go into the project in order to achieved the level of excellence they did.

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 08-19-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote