View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 05:56 AM   #17
RandallNeighbour

I'll check it out. But, you must remember that Texans are quite proud of two things: Barbeque and Mexican Food (what we call TexMex).

I have not had either of these foods in CA that were worth more than a Del Taco burrito. Oh sure, they TRY to make it like we do here in Texas, but I'm sorry ... one cannot duplicate mesquite fired meats or MexTex mexican food. The flavors just don't measure up.

But let me balance these statements by saying I can guarantee I will consume at least 4 or 5 Del Taco meals while in CA. We used to have them here in Houston when I was a teeager and I loved their meat seasoning and the fact you could get fries with your burrito.

So know that I'm no culinary snob, just a guy who loves to eat all kinds of food. I will, however, do my best to keep an open mind and try the BBQ you recommend. I am always open to finding and consuming better and better BBQ no matter where it is made!

PS - I own and frequently use my 5 foot, New Braunfels Smoker. Hold 3-4 Brisquettes, or 8 chickens. I've even smoked turkeys in it for Christmas, but the damn things are too hard to keep lit <--this was an attempt at humor
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote