View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
Kirk

I have the same problem on my '03 Carrera 4S right now. I went on a PCA tour last Sunday and drove for ~3 hours before it came on.... Kinda screwy.

I've done some checking and it can be a number of things. Usually something wonky with your brakes/brake lights. My third brake light wasn't working right, so I fixed that, but that still didn't solve the problem. I'm going to check my battery next as I know my alternator is doing fine since the 911 has a voltage gauge. I think my battery is original (7 years old), so it's probably due for replacement or I may just swap in the battery from my Box to see if that fixes it.

The number one cause of this problem that I've seen on other forum discussions though is a bad brake light switch. That's an easy one for you to check. Have a friend push the brake pedal down (or do what I do and use a broom handle) and confirm whether or not your brake lights come on. If they don't, then you probably just need to replace the brake light switch.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote