View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
wtf

Exclamation 1999 Boxster Exhaust onto a 2001 Boxster S?

Hey guys,

I just bought myself a 2001 Boxster S last week, and its too quiet. After some hunting I was put onto a Fabspeed exhaust (Im in Australia, there arent so many porsche exhaust places here and the fact there is an aftermarket kit anywhere is somewhat of a miracle). I immediately jumped on the exhaust but now I have a concern.

I believe the car it came from was a 1999 Auto, and mine is a 2001 Manual 6 Spd, So I checked up on the fabspeed site, and they list a different kit for the old versus new.

Now im not sure what the differences between them are, but I assume the cat setup is probably different. I am now concerned that the exhaust may not be compatible, and was hoping someone could give me some info on whether I can make it fit, or whether i'm best trying to back out of the purchase (no money has changed hands yet, but considering its a pretty rare thing to happen to run into, it would suck to not be able to make use of this item).

Is there any way of making just the mufflers fit up without causing dramas? Is there any difference between manual and tiptronic exhaust routing? Is there any difference between the Fabspeed 2.5, 2.7 and 3.2 (S) exhausts?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, as I need to make the decision tomorrow. If anyone has any info or suggestions that would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

Mark
wtf is offline   Reply With Quote