View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #19
2TrunkSteve

I owned an 88 Targa for several years. I was in the process of being transferred from Colorado to Illinois and an acquaintance offered to buy it from me before the move. In a moment of weakness I sold it. It was a reasonable price for the car and it was too easy with a buyer at hand.

I went about a year without owning one at all and I came across my Boxster. It was in December of 2007 (winter in the midwest) and this guy was practically giving the car away. I bought it with the intent to flip it later in the spring. Once I started driving it, it was so much of a better car than my 911 that I ended up keeping it. I really love it!

The 911 was faster and felt more purpose built, but could be scary when driven at limit. The Boxster is easier to drive and is a better tool for an amateur driver such as myself. As a bonus, my wife hated the stiff riding 911 and date night was never in the Porsche. The Boxster is no problem, great A/C and a better tuned suspension. It feels planted in the corners and dampened over the bumps. I love the mid-engine handling. After a few years of ownership, the Boxster has been far more economical than the 911. Annual maintenance costs and insurance costs have been less and many of the issues that have come up are easy for the DIY'er. Resources like 986forum.com make owning this car a great deal.

Both great cars, but I definitely support the Boxster.
2012 Tunda - Dad Hauler
Fat Tire - Favorite Beer

Last edited by 2TrunkSteve; 08-13-2010 at 11:58 AM.
2TrunkSteve is offline   Reply With Quote