View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #18
Lil bastard

Well, this is a vs. thread so comparisons are relevant, but only to a point.

These are completely different cars beginning with the fact that one is a GT car while the other is a Roadster. The differences cascade from there - power, handling, design, manufacture and on and on.

I Loved my Boxster. I cherished it, serviced it, modded it, toured it, drove it in anger many times. I had the true Boxster experience.

But, I want to experience EVERY sports car the world has to offer. The limiting factors are Time and Money. I'll not likely ever know what it's like to wake up to a Ferrari Enzo, Carerra GT or Muira S, but there are many many more which are within reach. Of course I will never realize the dream fully, but I'm making a fair sized dent.

Money is a factor, but the biggest obstacle is Time. In order to stay the course, I cannot spend too much time with any one vehicle, I need to experience them and move on down the list. It's a real testament to the Boxster, given my tendencies, to have owned it for as many years as I did.

Now I'm on to something else and enjoying it for what it is. That doesn't mean I've lost respect for the Boxster or see it as inferior.

I also own a BMW 2002 which I am refining, I'm even manufacturing and selling several parts, incl. LED taillights for them. But someday too, it will be turned over to it's next custodian with hopes that he/she has as much fun with it as I'm having now.

Fate plays a role here too. I had no intention of selling the Boxster when along comes a 20 y.o. one-owner, low miles 911. Sometimes the car finds you.

And, if along my journey, I long to be in a Boxster again, I can always pick up another one. It's not like choosing a wife... it's only as permanent as you want it to be. You'll always be able to sell it and get something different.

Cheers!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 08-13-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote