View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:58 AM   #9
Perfectlap

I have a question. If an eight year old Porsche costs $55K u.s. (not that I'm asking your income) what is the minimum income you have to have to get a car loan for this amount of money? What is the usual amount that an Australian spends on a boring type car (Accord'ish) and a slightly nicer car (Audi A4'ish)?

As for the question at hand. I had ZERO interest in other convertible Porsches.
A Carrera Cabriolet looks like a bathtub with a big butt and handled worse. I'm not sure if they're any better now. In terms of power, I've never really been impressed with the Porsches in the Boxster /CarreraS territory. One is certainly faster than the other but neither set the world on fire. If I were interested in a Carrera it would be one in a different performance category that usual comes with a much higher price tag. But my #1 go-to sports car will always be a mid eninge roadster. The lack of a true dry sump engine in most Carreras has always cooled the urgency to pick up a second Porsche. Although seeing the odometer climb higher on my pampered Boxster, particularly during our snowy winters, has increased my interest in a four wheel drive Carrera. The old Carreras look nice and don't feel numb like all modern Porsches, but I have no interest in spending a small fortune should I run into engine trouble. A water cooled Porsche engine may kick the bucket and in one day you can have a fairly new crate motor to get you back on the road for less money and more power. I doubt I will ever own an SUV but if I did I'm a lot more intrigued by the BMW X6 than a Cayenne.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-13-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote