View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
JoeFromPA

99 Boxster - Front bumper being replaced

Hey all,

I'm dropping off my car to get the front bumper replaced next week (flying road debris gouged it, and it's generally road rashed enough to warrant replacement).

I have really thought about taking this opportunity to pay the difference and get a different bumper. You know: It's not busted, it's just an upgrade opportunity.

Anyway, looked at the Boxster S bumper and the Aerokit II bumper. I'm going to be driving this car purely on the street, so I don't see needing a 3rd radiator anytime in the future.

After looking it over and looking at alot of pictures....I'm thinking it's best to just stick with the Boxster bumper. It looks great, it doesn't lower the front height at all (like the Aerokit bumper appears too), it won't increase air resistance/drag/noise, it costs nothing extra...

Can anyone tell me any reasons, other than looks preference or the ability to add a 3rd radiator, why the other bumpers would be preferable?

Thanks all,

Joe

06 Civic SI - 114k miles, D.D., unbelievably reliable and fun to beat on everyday.

08 Legacy GT 5spd - 74k miles.
JoeFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote