View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 03:57 AM   #6
Dave S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschotland
Interesting idea, though not terribly convenient. Having to screw around with one adjustment in a rain storm after going through a toll both, for example, would really piss me off. Then again, if I couldn't (or refused to) spring for a new regulator I'd probably be figuring out ways to avoid using toll roads and bridges, because everyone know what a gouge they are.
The window operates perfectly, like new again. I don't expect to ever have to adjust this again, but just in case, it's now a very easy task. I suspect that if the cable stretches more, I'll have to bite the bullet and replace the regulator. It will be interesting to see how permanent the fix really is. For the time being I'm very happy with the way it worked out. Took less than an hour total time to do it, and I got the adjuster barrel for free from a friend who's into bicycles, so not much of an investment.
Oh, and I'm not poor, just frugal ( - and not crazy frugal or I wouldn't own a Boxster in the first place). I thought I'd pass along this tip because of the huge number of these that fail early in the life of our Boxsters - mine had 20,000 miles on it. Why throw away $140-$200 when you don't need to, only to buy the same crappy part that will fail again in 20,000 miles?

Last edited by Dave S.; 08-11-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote