Thread: window problem
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
toolfan94

Unhappy window problem

Hello, guys im a noob to this forum and just barely completed a year with my
01 boxster, currently at about 47 thousand miles and loving this car. :dance: I was wondering if you guys could verify the problem im having, i looked at other similar threads,and i think it might be my window regulator,let me shed some info for you guys:This past week as i was opening my car, i noticed that the driver side window wasn't lowering the way it should when u open the door handle and when
closing it,it would raise the way it should but sometimes forcefully.The window was operating properly when raised all the way up and down, with no crackling
sounds of any sort.Now for some strange reason i decided to check the fuses and none were broken, however when i put the fuses associated with the windows back in there proper location,the window started to work properly again as far as opening and closing the door. Unfortunately this only worked for a couple seconds, and the problem persisted. .Since iv been very busy with my business i haven't been able to take it to the closest dealer which is 2 hours away, and was planing on taking it this thursday or friday.But wait i haven't gotten to worst part, today as i got home from work, i put my top up, and as the windows were raised you could hear the dreadful crackling as the windows rolled up, i got out of my vehicle, closed the door,and then the window automatically lowered about half way and it happens everytime i close
the driver side door. Now i have to get inside raise the window manually from inside and get out through the passenger side Any help or info would be appreciated before i take my baby to the dealer, by the way i have warranty till next june,which im hoping my extended warranty cover's.
toolfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote