View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #12
kcpaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King
fyi, there is a thread in another forum (914 i believe) where a capable-sounding fellow was looking into putting an ls1 v8 into the boxster. while that may sound a bit silly, the ls1 is about the same weight and dimesions as the m96. most of the thread goes on about all the work required to modify/fabricate bell housings and starter locations, but one of the interesting side notes of the whole thing is that the cayanne and audi v8's are both direct bolt-ons to the boxster transmissions. the author of the thread actually admits that an audi or cayanne conversion would be much simpler, but didn't pursue it as he couldn't afford to buy the engine (an ls1 is much cheaper). apparently the audi or cayanne would be less expensive in the long run given that transmission modifications are not required.

long story short, have a look at putting an audi v8 in there - might be easier.

If you are talking about Brad Roberts, I know him and I know he's working on the LS conversion into a Boxster. We have talked at length about it. Bottom line, he is going that direction, and I am going the Subaru direction. The problem with the Audi/Porsche V8 is they are HUGE with their DOHC 32 valve design, and massively top heavy. Also, engine management could get expensive. In both of these cases, the Subaru and even LS motors are better for the Boxster than the German V8. No don't even get me stated on the cost of replacement/upgrade parts...

It sounds like there is some interest in atleast watching the project here so I will post up some pictures as I go.

Last edited by kcpaz; 09-04-2010 at 01:37 PM.
kcpaz is offline   Reply With Quote