View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
BoxNasty

Hrmph

Well, it's taken me three years, literally, to get around to fixing it. But, hey, all's well that ends well.

If anybody's having EVAP-related CEL problems and/or hot day starting problems, etc, I would definitely recommend spending the $50 (used)-$115(new) for part # 996-110-129-05-M100 "Regeneration Valve from Throttle Body for Fuel Vapor System" that includes what is called the "EVAP canister purge valve" on the Porsche diagrams. The snake-like piece easily detaches in three spots: one on the undercarriage, way below the airbox, the other to the right of the airbox literally inside a gap between intake ports on the engine head (hopefully that's the correct technical terminology), and finally on a bracket that holds the EVAP line snug to the intake port. It took me longer to find those connection points than it did to detach the part. You'll need a screwdriver, a small wrench (I think it was 5/16"), and possibly pliers. Good luck with the nut that holds the little bracket on...holy cow.

Replaced the part, had the battery disconnected, reconnected after 5 minutes or whatever, and the CEL was off. I haven't had any hot summer starting problems (see first post) any more. Woohoo!
BoxNasty is offline   Reply With Quote