Thread: Zaino Products
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
favino1006

Zaino Products

Hey Guys,

My water pump just went at 95k. Now, I do have google search skills , a Bentley book and plenty of curiosity; I try to always do what I can on my car whenever possible and a pump is certainly within that scope. Unfortunately, water pump failures of course have no sense of timing and I was in an extremely busy patch at work. I just didn't have time to do it. Much to my regret, I hired a guy who hadn't worked on my car ever but works on older P-cars exclusively. While he was in there, he swapped the serpentine belt and the top tensioner pulley as well. Anyhow, long story short, I don't know what happened, he checked out or something. The engine work was proper but I got the car back in just filthy condition inside and out. There was literally a perfect black grease hand print smeared across the passenger seat headrest and I had just recovered the seats (and put a new Gahh top on as well) just a few months back! Both of which were solid two day jobs, respectively. The irony is, I have a set of cheap seat covers I throw on any time I go for tire work, alignment, etc. He had taken them off before he started working! I was at a loss. Needless to say, that was my first and last experience with him.

Anyhow,in an effort to clean up, I decided to give the whole Zaino process a go. Five days of scrubbing carpets and leather, clay barring and 3 coats of Z5 and Z6 polishes... Well happily, the car came out great. Definitely worth the work. I snapped off a few photos and thought I'd share. I don't know what I was thinking though, I didn't take any before pics! I guess I was preoccupied with wondering if I was going to be able to clean up the mess

This is a 98 non-S, tip. Original paint everywhere except the rear bumper.

Saul Zaino's stuff is amazing.

-ian
favino1006 is offline   Reply With Quote