View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #14
Gforrest2

Whew....PPPI was okay, somewhat

I'm back at home and no longer have to use the hotel lobby computer. Now that I've spent some time on the site, looks like I should have made my posts in the, "Intro to the Porsche Boxster" category, so sorry about that.

Just had the (Post) Prepurchase Inspection done. Car was an Ebay purchase so no chance for PPI. After perusing some of the horror stories here, I was a bit worried. Again, this is an '03 with 80K miles I got for $12,500.

Report: needs tires (figured that one out myself) but brakes, the belt, cooling system, and electronic diagnostics all checked out, plus all the other stuff they are supposed to check. The service writer told me stories of cars that looked good (recent detail?), but mechanically, were trashed. So I guess I got lucky. He did recommend a brake fluid flush (said this is recommended every two years, comments anyone?) and that the CV boots were throwing some grease and would need to be replaced soon (at $450 each, ouch). Oh, also needs an alignment. So a bit of relief and my smile is just a little bigger as I motor down the road with the top down.

Gforrest2 is offline   Reply With Quote