View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #20
Ruby

Base '03 986

I've tried the 987 S but not a 986 and while nice felt the biggest difference in first. I've had my '03 for almost two years and really haven't felt an overwhelming need for more hp.
The prior owner had chipped the engine and upgraded the exhaust. While I have not had it on a dyno, my mechanic said it felt more like an S than a base. Maybe way I didn't feel a big difference.
Recent article I read believe in Excellence compared the base to the S and had a hard time justifying an additional $10 for the S.
I love working the gears and feel I have to a bit more than I would in an S. My base is lowered with H&R springs, skirts, spoiler, seats from a 911. Also replaced radio with Nav unit., speakers and amplifier.
She is my queen and would have a hard time parting with her even for an S.
The spread in horsepower in nominal and my base has more than enough torque for driving.

BTW, I drop into Jack Daniels every now and again and your right they have a ton of cars most of which I believe are way over market. They continually call me to "upgrade" my base but other than a '06 S that was white with coca interior and top that I drooled over nothing has swayed me from my "base" baby.

Burt
Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote