Thread: Great road trip
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Mark_T

Great road trip

Just got back from a 2 day, 1000km road trip. We (wife unit and I) drove from Winnipeg up 6 to 68, stopped for a picnic lunch at The Narrows, and then drove out past Roblin on 5, almost to the Saskatchewan border, to a place called Lost Meadows Resort. We stayed in a fair-sized cabin that came equipped with all the amenities. Absolutely beautiful scenery and excellent accommodations.

After dinner we went for a drive to explore the area and found this glass-smooth side road, 482, that twisted through the hills (and I mean twisted!) for about 20 miles down to Aessissippi Park. What a ride! I don't often get a chance to wind 'er out through the twisties, what with living on an ancient lake bed and all, and I took full advantage. Damn I love this car!

Next day we drove back along 5 and down 10 through Riding Mountain Park. I've lived in Manitoba all my life and I had never been to this part of it before. We took our time (you don't drive so fast when there's a good chance of suddenly finding a massive moose or elk standing in the middle of the road) and we stopped and checked out anything even remotely interesting. We had a late lunch in Wasagaming and then drove home along the Yellowhead through Neepawa, stopping to see the Margaret Lawrence house (gotta humor the other half sometimes).

All in all, it was an excellent couple of days. Even though rain was forecast, we didn't see a drop. The car performed flawlessly and we both really had a blast.

Here's a trip pic. Yeah, those are bugs all over the front of it.