View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 01:11 AM   #2
MLegere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
OK, I'm close to placing an order. I don't think I want the clear plastic wind deflector, but I'm still not 100% sure. Can anyone answer these questions?

(1) If I don't get the clear plastic wind deflector, can I still get the two black wind-blocking roll-bar loop inserts? Do those black inserts fit into all roll loops, even if the car is ordered without a wind deflector? Or is some kind of special prep required so that the black inserts will attach inside the roll loops?

(2) If I get the Bose system without wind deflector, does anything change regarding storage compartments in the trunk or behind the seats? (Another way to ask: if I get Bose with wind deflector, is there a storage slot for the wind deflector somewhere?)

(3) If I get the wind deflector and don't use it, and want to remove the permanent "clips" from the roll hoops, is it easy to do? Just a couple screws? Or are there rivets that would mess up the roll hoops if I tried to remove the clips? Has anyone taken the wind deflector clips off the roll hoops? How are they attached?

(4) If I don't order the wind deflector, and change my mind later, how hard is it to attach the clips afterward? Would the roll hoops have to be drilled? For anyone who doesn't have a wind deflector, what do the roll hoops look like where the clips otherwise would attach? Any small screw holes visible to accommodate the attachment of the clips?
SOCAL

Get the darn deflector you wont be sorry.

P.S. You can always take it out if you feel you are not getting enough air at 80 MPH

2003 Audi TT quattro Coupe
6-speed 225 HP Black/Black/Black
it's stock...no really it's stock man

My other car was a 2001 Boxster
MLegere is offline   Reply With Quote