View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
BoxNasty

'99 Engine Dying After Normal Startup

Hey Gents:

I've a '99 Box with a serious problem. Whenever I start 'er up after she's sat in the hot summer sun, she does fine and idles smoothly, but, after about 20-30 seconds, she dies. I crank the starter for about 5-10 seconds and she usually starts back up, as if nothing happened. Once, however, she wouldn't start back up after dying, and I had to have her towed to the local dealer. The next morning, when tested, she immediately started up without a problem.

I've had the P0446 EVAP Canister Purge Valve Faulty code come on many times, so I finally got around to changing the 996-605-201-01-M100 "EVAP Canister Shut-off Valve" and the fuel tank cap, as recommended by the dealer, a month ago. My problem hasn't stopped. I'm still getting the P0446 code. On a diagram I found on RennTech, it shows that there's another valve connected to the EVAP system that's actually called an "EVAP Canister Purge Valve" that appears to be located in the engine compartment, away from the charcoal canister and shut-off valve that I replaced...but I can't find the part number, or find anyone that carries the "EVAP Canister Purge Valve," just the shut-off valve that I already replaced.

Pelican Parts has part # 996-110-129-05-M100 "Regeneration Valve from Throttle Body for Fuel Vapor System" but has absolutely no diagrams, links, or otherwise connected to it, just a description saying "This valve is used to vent fuel vapors from the fuel tank." I couldn't find anything on Google about it. Anybody know if this is the part that I was actually supposed to replace, or what part I might really need? If it is the right part, anybody know how to install it?

Thanks.
BoxNasty is offline   Reply With Quote