View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
Kirk

I concur that 43K miles does not seem like much to have your struts go bad. I would take it into a shop that does alignments, wheels, tires, etc. and ask them to do an inspection. Just a simple bounce test should tell you a lot. The struts would have to be REALLY bad to be getting passed by minivans in turns!

Handling is really the beauty of the Boxster. I've got full race coilovers on mine and it will out handle my 911 (also with coilovers) any day. The Boxster's handling is something you should revel in, not fear. So I'd definitely get it looked at more thoroughly. If you align it and then find out the struts are bad, you'll just need to get it aligned again after new struts are installed. The cheap route would be to have the struts checked first. Also check the tires and tire wear. Bad tires can make the car squirm.

Probably the cheapest and best upgrade you can do is the RoW M030 kit. It's a complete, quality engineered setup from Porsche.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote