View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
chaudanova

Yes, upgrading your struts/suspension can be a very nice improvement if your current struts are worn.

Should feel much more "tight" in handling, bumps and road imperfections will be taken much better.

You could go with many many options, everything from oem replacement struts, M030 porsche sports struts, numerous coilover setups, and much more. Depends what you are looking to do with your suspension, and how much $ you're willing to invest.

43k miles doesn't seem too horrible, although I guess that really depends on how those previous 43k miles were driven. Some say that the struts are good for 30k miles, but I think that is just a very generalized statement, and really does depend on driving style, conditions of roads, what type of wheels/tires used, and too many factors to really give a number based of lifespan compared to mileage.

When was the last time your car had an alignment? If your alignment now is out of spec, a fresh alignment could make your car feel vastly different.

In case you want to go with the Porsche sports M030 (bilstein) struts, I've got a new set available as well.

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote