View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:48 AM   #22
Dave S.

I was thinking about adding something to the system at one corner along these lines so that as the cable stretches you could easily adjust it to take out the slack. My only concern is that you can fit it onto the existing outer sheath end and that it won't make contact with the cable causing it to chafe over time:

http://www.amazon.com/BRAKE-LEVER-CABLE-ADJUSTER-ACTION/dp/B001APWR00

It's importat that the adjuster barrell and the locking nut are both slotted so you can install them onto the existing cable and sleeve. It would be ideal if the existing outer sleeve end would fit into the adjuster barrell without modification.

I'm going to try this and see if it works as a more "engineered" fix for this extremely annoying and totally unacceptable problem with the window regulator design.
My belief is that if you can keep the cable adjusted, then the regulator will not fail in the long run as the drive mechanism won't slip and fray the cable. Not sure if that's a correct assumption, but again, once you have this problem, for $4 and 30 minutes of your time, why not give it a try.

Dave S.

Last edited by Dave S.; 07-26-2010 at 04:10 AM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote