View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #18
fanderso3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log
fanderso-

The 2 electrical connections will come loose if you wiggle them a bit...Don't be shy..I couldn't get them at first.

To remove those small circle metal clips, use a mini screwdriver or tweezers to
bend the four triangle shaped "teeth" so they can slide up and off...

i soldered mine, as a temporary fix, then ordered a new micro switch so it didn't leave me out in the rain somewhere with my top down,,,

If you chose to replace the microswitch, they are $35 at Pelican Parts online.
I see 3 wire harnesses connecting to the latch assembly. Two of them I was able to disconnect easily enough. But this 3rd harness which goes to the two metal strips can be slid within the socket a tiny amount, but it won't come out completely from the socket. I just don't get it. However, now that I've got the assembly loose, the motor for the top is working again. So my top problem definitely has something to do with this assembly.

By the way, this problem occurred when I was lowering the top before heading home from the grocery store. It stuck halfway and I drove home with it halfway down. Luckily I wasn't too far from home. The next day I closed the top manually by following the "emergency operation" in the owners manual. That allowed me to drive it to/from work the rest of the week. And now I expect to fix the microswitch but wonder how I'm going to get these rods reconnected without damage. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks much for all help.
fanderso3 is offline   Reply With Quote