View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
Viper5

I had a chance to go out and mess with the car today. I got up to removing the panel and that film with the glue, but then I realized I have no idea what I am doing. I don't mean the instructions part but rather why I'm even removing my door. There is nothing blatantly broken. I did notice though upon further inspection before removing anything that it looks like the window moves more on the back side than the front. So it kinda comes up at an angle. The driver side (the one thats working) brings the window up and down evenly.

I just don't understand how the system works and I already disconnected the battery because I don't want the airbag to go off, yet in the other instructions it says to test stuff but how can you do that with the battery disconnected?

I'm also confused because other people who have replied to this thread are saying that they did this and that, yet they don't have the same issue as me.

My window operation works from inside the vehicle, it is just when I pull on the door handle (inside and out) on my passenger side that the window doesn't work right by not going down slightly like it is supposed to. When I open the door and push down on the window it will go down a little and when I close the door after I push it down it will go up all the way, but the problem is it won't go down that small distance.

Knowing all this, I am thinking it is the regulator, but even if it was is there a way to test it? What other options do I have to test before biting the bullet and buying some new/used part?

From what I have dealt with in the past when in comes to fixing/replacing things, this seems like it's something that can be fixed without replacing it. I say this because I can still hear the car trying to push down and it moving slighlty instead of just being completely dead. I almost want to say that something is jammed but what I have no idea. If I have to buy a part then so be it, but if there is a way to fix this then I would like to do it. Like I said before, I don't know how the system works so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage. Hopefully, somebody who has the same problem as me can give me more insight since there seems to be a lot of components to this system with many variations of the window not working.

Last edited by Viper5; 07-24-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote