View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 07:37 AM   #8
tonycarreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellster
Sorry it may be me but the story is I won a right hand clear light witch read 2000 996 headlight will fit 97 to 04 boxster aswell so I bid and won because I already had the lefthand clear light to replace the amber ones.....So the left hand light went in and no problems one out one in all good..... So the right hand light goes in and the blinker don't work and the high beam don't work so light came out checked bulbs all good but there's more wiring and one extra plug on the male conector that plugs in when pushed home and inside the light housing a black box where the extra wiring goes to levelling system.. So unpluged that conection put light in and still no blinker or high beam...So pull light out, pulled all wiring from old amber light and put in thinking the old amber wiring would now bypassing leveling system but even this didn't work still no blinker or high beam..So gave up pulled all clear light out and put amber ones back in and not happy.... I didn't know but I'm thinking because its out of a 996 with levelling system which won't not mentioned this won't work in the Boxster... Yes on ebay say it would fit and yes it does but don't work....why..... only confused you more????? lights only have the normal bulbs no HID ect....
when i got my car, there was a problem with the passenger side light - the low beam worked but the blinker, fog lights and high-beam did not. turned out to be the connector in the light holder. there was a small piece of plastic that broke off that held the end in place. when the headlight assembly was pushed in, the connector was not allowing full contact. $170 @ porsche dealer with labor. three parts:
999-650-150-40 ( connector housing ) $15.68
999-652-832-40 ( connector housing ) $12.57
999-631-246-00 ( headlight fastener ) $9.45