View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #40
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby
We'll see you on Friday.. Dean will be in touch this afternoon with a phone call.

To my old buddy,
Actually I am busy, very busy.. There are certain days that find me in my office all day, or in the dyno cell waiting for an engine to cool down. Today I am doing some welding and waiting for the parts to post cool before the next process, so I have a few minutes on my hands.. I have 13 computer stations in my facility, I can have fun with you from just about anywhere :-)

I swear, sometimes internet trolling is so funny it hurts to watch it unfold.

Jake, while I may not currently have the financial means to go about your retrofit (unless you offer military discounts ), I'm pretty convinced it'll be money well spend at 1/4th the cost of a full rebuild, nevermind we're talking about other new parts and an oil change to boot, and I'd make the good 20+ hour drive down to GA from CT for it after reading some satisfied customers' responses once I do have the funding. I find your taking time out of your work to come on here and be helpful to others obviously to be beneficial, as it has been to me, rather than seeing it as you figuratively putting your feet up on the clamshell of a customer's 986/7 and typing away while you sip your coffee, as some seem to try and make it out to be. If it were just forum members chatting it up, I wouldn't be as convinced, but here you are backing up your work and being pretty frank about it. As far as I'm concerned, that's where one's credibility shines, and you've earned a shameless plug here and there, which you haven't even bothered to do. There's no need as you've got satisfied customers plugging for you all day.

Hopefully I'll be making an appointment with you one of these days, and even more hopefully my engine won't start going south prior to my actually driving it south to your facility.

As for your forum nemesis, feel free to borrow a little quote from a musician I know of that seems to ring true here: "Haters make me famous."

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote